Monday, February 23, 2009

FLASH


I am constantly searching online for a site or a game that complimets my lesson. Often I come across games and sites that use Flash. I have always been impressed by many of these games that other teachers have made. I have always wanted to learn how to make my own games for my students since there is always content I wish was included or omitted. The opportunity is now here where I can learn how to use Flash and utilize it in my classroom.

How would I use Flash in my classroom? I loved the Endangered Species Photo Mapo on the National Geographic website. I could use something like this when I teach the 14 colonies, French and Indian and Revolutionary Wars. I could create a map that has landmarks and pictures.

Another example of how I can use flash in the classroom is by using the technique found in the African Voices site. I would create an interactive timeline where kids could manipulate the pictures and match up with the dates that they learned about in Social Studies. One idea is matching up pictures with the proper event and date of the steps leading up to the Revolutionary War. (Stamp Act, Quartering Act, Sugar Act etc)

The Forgotten: The Armenian Genocide site gave me some ideas as well. I think that integrating video clips is an invaluable tool for the students. I would like to maybe have a site where there are different videos matched up to different parts of the body and explains how they work. Of course I would also like to have photos as well.
Exploring these sites that use Flash and really taking notice of this technique I am quite excited about the possibilities. Hopefully I will be a natural Flash master and my students will reap the benefits of my new technological skill.

No comments: